Today is not a good day for me. I thought that I would avoid all the nausea that everyone talks about - haven't really had a problem with that since I had the 1st treatment 6 days ago...but today it finally came. I have two different kinds of pills to take, but so far they are not helping much. It's not the worst case I've ever had in my life, certainly, but I was really so hoping that I would be able to avoid it completely.
But I will push through this, too & maybe tomorrow will be a better day, physically.
I did do my quiet time this morning & in the middle of my suffering :( - God showed me new things.
If you read the post from yesterday about the sermon from Pastor Ben, then this devotion page today from "Jesus Calling", is even more amazing, in the timing of it. Here is what it says:
"Seek my Face, and you will find fulfillment of your deepest longings. My world is filled with beautiful things; they are meant to be pointers to Me, reminders of My abiding Presence. The earth still declares My Glory to those that have eyes to see and ears to hear.
You had a darkened mind before you sought me wholeheartedly. I chose to pour My Light into you, so that you can be a beacon to others. There is no room for pride in this position. Your part is to reflect My Glory. I am the Lord!"
and one of the Bible verses today:
"Search for the Lord and for His strength, and keep on searching." Psalm 105:4
I did have a darkened mind - filled with death & doom before I started on this path to reach for God & His grace every day during my quiet time & all through each day. He has started to pour His light into me, hopefully so that I can be a beacon to others with my words & my thoughts (and a mirror - like the message from yesterday). There is no room for pride - none of the words or thoughts that I put on these posts from my spiritual side- are from me - they are all sent directly from God through His word. I only write them to show how they affect my life & my day... And "your part is to reflect My Glory" (like a mirror).
Amazing...
I thought of my world being filled with beautiful things - like the passage above says. There are so many...I wrote some of them down - so when I do have a really bad day, I can look at these & see that they are meant to be pointers to God ~
The dawn...
an Oklahoma sunset...
a rainbow, a bird,
a delicate butterfly...
A beautiful flower...
Tree leaves blowing in an Oklahoma wind...
An angel statue in a snow storm...
The face of a friend...
clouds...
the ocean...
the sweetness of a sleeping grandchild...
Each day as I struggle through the hardest times of this journey, I will keep my focus on all the beautiful things that God has given me, has given all of us. I will not take any of these moments for granted or hope that they end more quickly than they need to...because through this journey I am beginning to find my purpose & am learning what God has in store for me as I walk closer & closer to Him each day.




Thanks for Sharing, Cheryl! I'm praying for you!
ReplyDelete