Wednesday 6/1/11 - First Chemo treatment this morning at 10:00 AM.
In my nice comfy "Lazy Boy" lounger
I was a a little nervous of the unknown, but had my sweet husband and daughter beside me.
Got started about 10:00 AM with 1st - 4 hour bag of chemo, which my sweet nurse got me started on -(had 3 different bags of chemo & other things through the day.) The needle in the top of my arm was a little painful, but the bag not only had the chemo, but also a straight shot of Benadryl - WOW - right to my blood stream.
This is after the Benadryl hit me - about 5 minutes into the treatment. (I decided to not put the picture on, that Sara took, with me asleep with my mouth hanging open! )
I talked to Justin from my Chemo chair in Oklahoma City to his apartment in Los Angeles - via Sara's computer - the miracle of modern technology!
Sara also took a picture of me with hair, just in case it's not there is a few weeks! So we can all remember what it looked like!
The treatment went well, - long day though. We got there at 9:00 am for blood work, then went back to the Chemo room. Waited for blood work results and got started around 10:00. Finally got out of there are 3:45. Each hour or so, they pumped up the drip a little faster, to see how fast I could tolerate it. No problems, except the Benadryl pretty much knocked me out for about 4 hours. I slept off & on, not too well...kind of like being in the hospital trying to sleep, with everybody's IV beepers going off & the staff coming over to change bags, etc.
They have lots of snacks there & we brought breakfast. Sara went & got lunch for us. So except for being hooked up to an IV all day, it was an uneventful day. Thank you Lord! When we were finished & went home...I took a 30 minute nap & then we went to church for dinner & choir practice. I was still a little unsteady on my feet from the Benadryl, but did not have any side effects from the chemo. No nausea, no pain. Got home from church & rested for a couple of hours. Went to bed at 10:30 - really early for me.
******************************************
Thursday 6/2/11
Woke up at 5:30 am - had all my sleep in, I guess. Wide awake & feeling just fine, except for a headache that I guess was from the stress of yesterday. That persisted pretty much all day, even with the help of Tylenol. I also started on the steroid pills yesterday & today. (Two each day for 5 days from 1st day of Chemo). Dr. Parker said they would make me really hungry & really crabby to be around, but so far, no signs of that. I have my normal appetite, no "crabby" feeling, nothing seems to be effecting me in that way. Another good thing! Had plenty of energy & no signs of problems. Even made dinner.
******************************************
Friday 6/3/11 - today - not such a good day. Woke up around 5:30 am, with my whole body above my waist screaming in pain. Nerves, bones, muscles...I feel like a have a bad case of the flu. :(
This is not a good day! Hopefully this will pass & tomorrow will be better. Maybe the steroids are finally kicking in or the chemo may just now be effecting me, but whatever it is, I hope it doesn't last long! Talked to the nurse today about some other questions I had & told her about how I was feeling - she said that was perfectly normal. So I will just have to push through this day & hope tomorrow is better. If this is what I have to go through to get healthy again, I can do this. Now that I am up & around - had a hot shower, ate breakfast, I am feeling a little better. Not quite so "achey".
Still got up to spend some "quiet time" with my devotion books & Bible and with God. Need a lot of help from Him today...
Here's one of the Bible verses for today:
"May the Lord of Peace, always give you His Peace, no matter what happens". 2 Thessalonians 3:16
ALSO -
"Let trust and thankfulness stand guard, turning back fear before it can gain a foothold." (Jesus Calling)
I need that Peace today - to calm my body & my spirit. He will give me better days ahead & I have faith that this is what will happen. He is a God of healing & I trust and am thankful for the promises that He has given me so far. I know that even through all this - I will be closer to Him & be better able to tell others about what He has done for me, through this trial. We serve a Great God!!
No comments:
Post a Comment