Monday, April 4, 2011

4/4/11 - A walk of faith

In church yesterday, Pastor Ben talked about faith. A timely sermon for me. I am finding that there are all sorts of avenues for faith. Faith that there is a cure, faith that the doctors know what they are doing, faith that I can get through one day & then the next. But what it all boils down to is letting God be in charge of my life & this situation. 
For any of you that know me well, you know that I don't like to relinquish control of any situation. I am the "do-er", not the "wait & see if someone else will take care of something" person. There is a kind of peace in knowing though that I MUST let God take over this one...that I am not in control.

Would I like to go in this week & find out that the cancer is gone? - sure, but if not, then I will walk through this to the end, with God holding me up & my friends & family beside me.

I watched a movie last night with Jim Carrey called "Yes Man". For those of you that don't know the story - he goes to an event where the speaker tells them that if they want "all there is in life" then they must say "yes" to every situation. He takes it to heart & does exactly that. There are good things & bad that come from saying "yes" to everything, but of course, since it's a movie, it all ends on a happy note. It started me thinking - I feel like I do a lot as a Christian - I teach Sunday School, I sing in the choir, I help with certain events...but for the most part I don't say yes to many things. I have really been just "walking through" my life,

I work from home - so I don't feel like a "work-aholic", but there are many times that I turn down invitations, because I feel like I need to work. I intend to live my life from now on. Accepting invitations from friends for coffee or "girls nights", etc. I have so many wonderful women friends that I really don't spend time with, because I am too "busy". That will end - so Pam & Alicia, I intend to become more active in the women's ministry. Even if it is a "game night" (which I really don't care for), I am realizing that it is not WHAT you do, but WHO you do it with. Spending time with Godly women is a blessing & I should not pass it up. Plus I think God has given me talents & abilities that I am not utilizing to the full extent that could be used in this ministry to help other women.
Well, that's what I learned from watching a movie last night...more than I ever expected.

God is finding small ways to show me that my life is something that I should hold very dear. That I am blessed beyond belief with wonderful old, dear friends from my past, sweet friends from church & wonderful supportive family members, that all have my best interest and my health & well being in their thoughts & prayers everyday.

I'm starting to get it...

1 comment:

  1. You describe something a lot of us are probably guilty of - "just walking through". I am excited that you will be joining us in Women's Ministry. You will add a great new dimension to the Team because you are talented in so many different ways. And you are right about the value of fellowship with other women.

    ReplyDelete