On Wednesday, I went to see my regular Doctor for a yearly check-up. Blood work & "ladies stuff" - you know. Before, when I went for these tests (as much as I HATE having the 2nd one done), it was never anything I was concerned with. I was healthy & didn't have any health problems that I was aware of, so when I left each time & they told me it would be a couple of days before they called with the results, I never thought much about it... for those 2 or 3 days.
This year was different. I had the tests done, left the office & that was really all that was on my mind for the next 2 days. Really 2 days of misery.
When you are "sick", every little pain or ache could be something else. I have lived with pain for most of my life. I was diagnosed with arthritis when I was 18, so pain is part of my daily life. But now, all of a sudden, every ache & pain is magnified...this could be something...I haven't felt THIS pain before...and on & on. So the last 2 days, waiting for the test results was agonizing. And to make matters worse, they did call yesterday around 3:00...on my cell phone. I was home, so I never hear my cell phone ring at home. I happened to check my phone (of course, it was around 7:00 PM - office closed) & saw that there was a message that they had the results of the test & to please call. I didn't get much sleep last night & could hardly wait for 8:00AM to come this morning, so I could make that call.
But - and here's the small victory - I did call & I did talk to the nurse & all of the tests were normal...I could not stop smiling...the weight on my shoulders completely lifted...I was almost giddy...
We had choir practice this morning to work on the music for tomorrow morning & I sang my little heart out.
I know that I still have a LOT of challenges to face with all the tests & treatments that will be coming up, but today was a victorious day for me...another set of tests - met & conquered... It was a good day.
Good news has taken on new meaning hasn't it? I'm sorry you had to wait for it but rejoice in the results with you!
ReplyDelete