Monday, October 17, 2011

10/17/11 - Everybody just calls me "Red"...

 "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, but learning to dance in the rain."

"For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11




All last week, after we heard the great news from Dr. Parker about my PET scan, I kept getting small messages from the Lord about speaking to the church on Sunday with my testimony of what He had done for us this week.

I checked with Pastor Henry yesterday morning before church, to see if I could (during church)  give my testimony of God's healing hand on me and we set that up.

I told my story of the last 7 months & especially about the last 2 months of no treatments & waiting to do scan & see Dr. for results. I also read the passages from Psalm 116, that I shared in the post last week.

Of course, after church, there were quite a few people that came up to tell us how happy they were about the news. It was a great & glorious day to be in God's house!

After church, Steve & I had lunch, then went to Micheals so I could pick up a few things. I was standing in one of the aisles, looking at some things & a young man - a teenager with bright red hair, that worked at Micheals, walked up. I looked up & he said, "Hi, how are you doing?". I told him I was doing fine, thinking he was just checking to see if I needed help finding anything. Then he said, "You don't know me, but I go to Northwest. I was in church this morning & heard what you said. You did really good." I looked up at this sweet face & told him, "thank you" and "what was his name?". He said "My name is Jason" (I think that's what he said) and then continued, "But everybody just calls me Red."

It was such a sweet thing for him to do, to make the effort to tell me that he liked what I said. It touched my heart & made my day. To think that I had really spoken, through God & His word, to a young teenage boy in our congregation.

I think God gives us things to do - if we disobey, sometimes we are punished, maybe not in the way that we know about it, but in ways that we will never know. If I had not been obedient to God's calling for my testimony, I would never have met this young man & found out that what I said made a difference to him.

If we obey, there is always a heart touching moment, somewhere down the line. Like standing in the aisle at Micheals, on a Sunday afternoon.

"I enable you not only to feel comforted but also to be a channel through whom I comfort others. Thus you are doubly blessed, because a living channel absorbs some of whatever flows through it." (Jesus Calling - October 16)

This has been an incredible week full of miracles for me...Sunday's encounter just finished off that great week. God is Good.

No comments:

Post a Comment