I received a message today from my niece, who lives in Utah, about the picture of my mother that I had on facebook for Mother's Day week. My mother was a BIG gardener - always working in her yard. (I, on the other hand, did not get ANY of those genes).
This is what she wrote:
"I just got on and saw the picture of Grandma. I miss her too...I miss her everyday. When she passed away I came home and missed her so much that I bought a little yellow tea rose plant that was in bloom from the store. Roses always make me think of her. Last year in November we got a huge snow storm. It snowed the day before the anniversary of Grandma's death. I'm always sad on those anniversary dates because I miss her so much. So I was thinking of her on the 18th, walked outside, and on that little tea rose bush was a little yellow rose bud starting to open...in the middle of the snow! I took a picture. I'll have to email it to you. She is with us, even though we can't hug her, hear her laugh, or sit and visit with her."
Thanks for that little story, Paula. I know she is here, too. If she were here in the flesh, she would be my biggest support as I go through all this, but since she isn't, Sara has kind of taken on that roll. Here's my story about that:
But on Easter, here came Sara with a lily. She had purchased them from her church to have at the front for Easter. One in honor of me & one in memory of Mother (she kept that one).
So, even though Mother's lily was gone, Sara took up the tradition (not knowing that mine had died) and now I have that lily back again to bloom in the same place each year. So I can continue to see Mother through Sara. Very nice. I will not be sad now, next Spring, when I see that blank space in my flower bed...it will be filled with a new lily.
She is still with us, taking care of everybody, even from Heaven.
Sara's Lily


Oh Cheryl, What a beautiful post. I am left in tears as I remember my precious Jackie and the relationship that we had. The relationship that you and Sara share is so precious. It is something that can never be replicated but only to cherish. I am so glad that Sara can be with you in this time. As Sara ALWAYS tells me when I am at wits end and don't know how I am going to make it through, "You're gonna make it. Somehow. Someway." Thinking of you, Cheryl. I'm cheering for you, too!
ReplyDelete